SOGOGI PADANG - Review
Adress : Alai Parak Kopi, Padang Utara, Padang City, West Sumatra
==========
The first time, they used the reservation system in the Ramadhan situation. I thought the reservation was only for a few "rooms" or even an area, so I don't think to make any reservation. So I will just come at 18.00 ( nearly time for breakfasting), but you know what? It's full. I see a few empty tables, so I just asked, and they said it's already reserved. Well, in a professional way it's good, but for me, it means I can't eat :), and they give a solution if I wait until 19.30 or 20.00. it may be an already empty place. Well, then I just walked around that place.
After a few times, it's already 19.00. I was wondering if there's already an empty table, but it's still full. And I tried again at 19.30. I just bet if it's still full, I will go home. But yeah, there's a table for me, yey!
Well, there were no clear instructions on what I needed to do, so I sat at the table that they told me ( and lol, I was on the wrong table, it was already reserved, and they still cleaned my table, so I don't notice that, my bad ). So I think, "oh, did I just take the food and they will bring the grill" so I take the food to the pantry. After I place my food, the waiter returns my food, lol. Seriously it's awkward.
After that, a waiter came and told me the correct table, and he explained to me what type of package I wanted ( shabu only or with grill), the soup flavour, and with/without wagyu. Haha, omg, I am so upset because I don't know that procedure. then because I am hungry as hell, I choose the wagyu package with grill ( honestly, I don't use shabu much, but yeah, maybe it was their marketing trick)
They have so many sauces, big fat wagyu with perfect marble, and so many side dishes, absolutely worth their price. Well, the system, like other AYCE (all you can eat) systems, if you order a wagyu package, you need to ask the waiter if you want more directly.
I enjoy the meat, and so tasty I feel like, omg, my one and half hours waiting for its worth. But yeah, there are also a few bad things ( in my opinion), the teriyaki meat is only fat left and the meat slices so little (you know the hard part), I don't know is it because I was late or what. Still, on the other side, the teriyaki sauce is good as hell omg. also the drinks, there is a yellow and red drink, but when I fill it with the red one, it has the same liquid as the yellow one, and ( in my personal preference) it was tasteless. Well, but it's okay. The wagyu cover all the wrong sides.
If you want to dine in, especially in Ramadhan, I recommend you make a reservation. And don't hesitate to buy the wagyu package because it's so worth it. It's just a little different price. Oh yeah almost forgot, for me, I eat alone. I paid 142k (with taxes). They have all the information on their Instagram so that you can check it out. Well, it's from me. I hope I can go back to this place again later.
==========
The second time, still in the Ramadhan situation, so I had already reserved a place for them on Instagram, and I came earlier, 15 minutes before breakfast. Well, I don't. Is it because still a new business or what, but that place it's almost filled.
Well, what I felt for food stock was worse, I tried to let people take it first, and I will take it later, and what people say is correct as food service is too long for them to reload their food.
Let me tell you something funny: after I came to the restaurant, they asked me if my table was on the second floor, with my name on the card sign. So after I usually arrive, they will serve you, right? But you know what, I must reach out to them, start from the pan. I need to ask them, I need to ask again for the soup ( even though I don't use them, but I think it's for preventing meat fat from burned ), and I need to ask them again for my wagyu package, omg three times. So now I understand why people there always call waiter, and not just wait. they didn't have a good strategy for that.
I got my table on the 2nd floor outside. That restaurant has doors to split inside and out. I understand they tried to get as many customers as possible because it is still a business, but it's even an indoor corner? Because of that, they need to close the door, so if we want to bring our food from the food place to our table outside, we need to "hardly" open the door. Geez, it's worst.
Well, for the food, just right my first time, they still have delicious meat and sauce, but if you ask me, the bad experience is too much even with good food.
By the way, maybe other reviews don't say it, but I know a few times the "owner" work also at the cashier or even service. I see they react like "thanks for the comment" / "thanks for the suggestion", but after one month, it is still the same. I think they need to train their staff right there, seriously.
==========
The third time (or I can call it my last time), now I am not alone. I am coming with my little brother. It's not the Ramadhan situation anymore. I tried to make a reservation, but they told me just to come. I have a terrible experience with "just come" because in my first experience without reservation, I must wait almost 1,5 hours.
You know what? When I came, yes, it was full :), the first experience repeated. I am sorry for my brother. He was in the first year of middle-high school. We needed to wait for 1 hour. and don't hope anything they list your name and will call you outside, so if you like me, don't bring a car, you will need to stand to wait ( they didn't give you a chair ), omg seriously I say sorry many times to my little brother, and ask him its okay to go home if he wants.
After 1 hour, we back and forth ask if we already can eat, they call one by one in their list, and our turn comes. After the restaurant told our table, it still needed to be clean, and you know what? Yeah, because our position is near the cashier, they noticed us and did service such as giving menu, getting a grill, etc. But yeah, my second time experiencing back again, so I still need to ask them for each phase from the menu until we get our complete grill.
And yes, still the same situation, no improvement from food stock controlling and the waiter's manner the same, ahh I am really upside. I think it's the last time for me.
==========
In short, the best thing about this place is its food taste. If you don't care about the waiter's manner, food stock control, and others, and " you only want to eat good food ", I would recommend this place, but if you ask me for the complete experience? I would say, please seek other sites you will disappoint.
Komentar
Posting Komentar